Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"The Joy In Discovery"

Dear The Internets,

I am what my sister refers to as a "scavenger."  I'm pretty sure she means this as an insult, but if you look up the definition in a dictionary the 2nd definition isn't half bad...


scav⋅en⋅ger [skav-in-jer]

–noun

1.
an animal or other organism that feeds on dead organic matter.
2.
a person who searches through and collects items from discarded material.
3.
a street cleaner.
4.
Chemistry. a chemical that consumes or renders inactive the impurities in a mixtu

So maybe I am?

In true scavenger fashion, I recently collected this from her discarded materials and its now my favourite school bag EVER.



I usually just use a back-pack or a large purse, but sometimes backpacks and cute outfits don't mix and the weight of my crap is killing my Betseyville collection. This bag looks as though its a freebie from Bloomingdale's. I say this because it has a "bloomingdale's SOUTH COAST PLAZA" tag on the front.

So you're looking at the hagard pic and wondering why its my favourite, right? Okay, I will tell you.  Its the perfect size for my laptop, school books, folders, all other random shennanigans one carts around. The strap is just the right length...aka doesn't cut off my fat arms' circulation. And last, but not least, the material is really sturdy.

The cons to this bag? The label, clearly. But also the colours. Don't get me wrong, March-July that wouldn't be an issue for me but white ughhhhhhhhhh. I need to find this exact shape/size/material bag in all black or some sort of cutesy year round pattern.

Hmmmmm....On a mission!

Love ya, mean it!

ekg♥


No comments: