Monday, October 12, 2009

"Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...Next 12 Exits"

Dearest The Internets,



I'm in a funk. An awful one. This has been going on for a while, but as of late its reaaaaally taken a toll. I feel lazy, tired, grumpy, and generally apathetic to 83.5% of everything I would normally care greatly for. I'm not sure what's going on, but I feel toxic. Have you ever felt toxic, friend? It's not pretty or fun. No, sir.  I feel like a wind up toy who's lost her turning key.

I hardly do my make-up, let alone spend more than 2 minutes on my hair. I wear the same accessories day after day, or often opt for none at all. (I know, its baaaaaaaaad!) I don't even bother with things like shaving or nail polish until I absolutely have to..and honestly, sometimes not even then. What's gotten into me? The weird thing is I feel great at night. When the sun goes down my mood comes up and then everything feels alright. People become more tolerable, things don't seem as bothersome, and everything seems possible.  I've also gone off my vitamin/supplement regimen and that's never good news. It's a vicious cycle, I tell ya.

Yes, school is time consuming. Jobs are...being jobs. But I'm standing on the edge of Sanity Cliff, here. I'd love to have a week! Just one week to get my life and my head together. Unfortunately, the calendar says that's currently impossible, so I guess I'll make the best.

The truth is I miss my best friend. And that's what it boils down to.  My grades are suffering, my relationships are suffering, and my image is definitely suffering.

Pray tell, The Internets, what makes you happy when you're feeling beyond sad?

Your friend,

ekg♥

2 comments:

Weesha said...

retail therapy and dancing my ass off make me happy :)

Don't worry, it'll pass soon enough, you will be fine!

Addicted to your blog btw, you have awesome writing skills.

It's EKG! said...

thanks! you make me warm and fuzzy on the inside.